PCN Analysis readings
Click for Introduction to PCN Analysis reading (432K PDF file).
- This is an excerpt from Sampson’s May 2012 Journal of Service Research article titled “Visualizing Service Operations.”
- It is streamlined for use in a gradute or undergraduate course.
- The full article is available on the Research tab (to registered instructors) or from the journal website (may require a subscription to access).
- A longer intro to PCN Analysis is here.
Click for Very basic introduction to PCN Analysis (29K docx file).
- This information can be used in textbooks or other course materials.
- Click here for an accompanying PowerPoint file (103K) that has figures.
PCN Analysis exercises
Click for an Introductory PCN Analysis Exercise (300K PowerPoint file).
- This exercise contains instructions and an example of basic PCN Analysis pertaining to chapters 1 through 5 of Essentials of Service Design.
- Students can use this PowerPoint file as a template for creating their own PCN Diagrams.
- PCN Analysis Exercise for older versions of PowerPoint (612K PPT file)
Click for Blank PCN Diagram template (with education example) (85K PowerPoint file).
- This can be used to create your own PCN Diagrams.
- PCN Analysis Exercise for older versions of PowerPoint (274K PPT file)
PCN Analysis slides
Click for PDF of Introduction to PCN Analysis Slides (751KB PDF file).
- Class slides are available on the instructor page (for registered instructors only).
PCN Analysis courses
- This is Dr. Sampson’s MBA 693R-10 course offered Winter semester 2013.
- The course meets once per week for seven weeks.
- It is similar to the four-day Service Analysis (SEAL) Basic Training course offered at other universities (two sessions per day).